Saturday, January 4, 2014

Old Plus New Makes Awesome!

Good morning, all, and happy FREEZING COLD Saturday!!!!  I never thought this kind of cold was possible here in Northern VA but there you have it!  I took some time this morning to go through my paper crafting inventory to see what things I need to use up and what things I may need to purchase from my Autumn/Winter 2013 Close To My Heart Idea Book before the end of the month. 

As you know, we have a great special going on this month.  The Cloud Nine Card Kit can be yours for just $15 with a qualifying purchase.  What I love about the kits that CTMH offers is that they include a step-by-step guide on how to complete your project leaving no guess work on your end.  Now, yes, I know that there are companies out there that offer kits to complete a project and all you have to do is stick the pieces together.  That is great.......however, for me, I don't want ALL the work done for me.  I want to do some of the work.  I want to do the stamping and the gluing and the cutting.  I like to change things up sometimes and add my own "something special" to a project.  Sometimes the "cookie cutter" projects make me feel like they defeat the whole purpose of making something handmade...something with a personal touch.  It makes me feel like my projects are mass produced and that is kind of what I try steering away from when I do paper crafts.  Easy-I am all about...just like to add my touch to my work. 

So I got right down to completing my Cloud Nine cards by following the guide that comes with the kit and was pleasantly surprised to find that I still enough paper to complete a few more small projects.  Woohoo!!!  Nothing better than that!  I will get on that ASAP but before I head off to do that, I wanted to show you a card I created using some leftovers.  My sister is on her way to take my baby girls to spend the weekend at her house and asked if I had a "thank you" card she could use....Do I have a "thank you" card!!??  Um.......Yes I do!  Since I was bitten by the craft bug this morning, I decided to make a different pattern from what was in the card workshop guide for Cloud Nine.  Here is what I did.....
Ok, wait.....you may be asking me, "where does the old plus new makes awesome come from?".  Well I used the Cloud Nine patterned paper (NEW), Teal Shimmer Trim (NEW), Aqua Dots (In current Idea book so not brand new), diecut image from Cricut Artbooking (again in current Idea Book so not brand new), and the stamped image is from my Cricut Artiste cartridge (still available but old).  More images of this card...


There you have it!!!!  I hope you all have a wonderful day doing what you love to do.  Stay tuned for more fun stuff!  If you want to order your own Cloud Nine kit, click here!  

~Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews