Here is a copy of the recipe which can also be found on foodtv.com
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded coconut, sweetened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large marshmallow per potato ball
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake the potatoes until tender, then peel and mash them. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, zest and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, toss the coconut with the sugar and cinnamon. Press mashed potatoes around each marshmallow, creating a 2 to 3-inch diameter ball. Roll the balls in the coconut mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the expanding marshmallows can cause the potato balls to burst open.