Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just For Treats

I thought this was a really fun idea....simple too! This is what I love so much about Close To My Heart. They give you exactly what you need to make the greatest handmade gifts that truly come from your heart without breaking the bank or being so difficult. I go this idea after working on an end-of-the-year gift for a much loved teacher of one of my girls. I made a recipe box filled with one family loved recipe from each of her students. Each recipe card had with it the recipe and a picture of the child it was from. She was left with a really sweet box filled with over 20 recipes that she can enjoy with her family. So with that, this is what I came up with for a possible gift for some teachers this year.

Close To My Heart has these wonderful 3x3 mini albums (currently found on Pg 94 of the Fall/Winter Idea Book). Each album comes with 8 pages protectors. I used the Kraft with Jute which is only $2.50. Each album can hold up to 16 cookie recipes. Yes, you heard me right, 16 recipes. If you are really creative you can fit more! I decided to ask each mom in one of my daughter's classes to send me 1 recipe (only stipulation is that it is an easy one) so I can add it to the book. For the holidays, the teacher will receive a Class Holiday Cookie Recipe Book. Here is the cool part: the book is the perfect size to pop in your purse (ingredients list on hand) or leave on your kitchen counter without taking up so much space. Can also be stored easily with your holiday decor so you will have it for next year. Here is one simple book I made:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews