Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Warm Thoughts With a "Frosted" Touch!

Can you believe that it is already Wednesday?!  I am hoping and praying that we see some warmer temps and real soon.  I am not very good with the Winter to begin with, so this has been difficult.  I took some time the passed couple of days to work on "titling" and "journaling"  some unfinished scrapbook pages.
I am so good with getting the layouts done.  I am even good about getting the photos printed and placed.  I'm not so good with the titles though!  One of my many downfalls.....so I pulled out my Cricut, my CTMH cartridges, and my unfinished layouts and got to work.  I figured if I can get six (6) pages done each day, it would be six (6) pages more than I had done before.  If I remain consistent, it will be done in no time at all.  I also decided that I would, from now on, title and journal as I go so not to fall behind!  There you have it...another GOAL for the new year!!! 

I also dug into my scraps from CTMH's Frosted paper pack and created some cards to give to the cherished parents of my preschoolers to say "thank you" for their thoughtfulness and generosity during the holidays!!!!  This is what I came up with after being inspired by a good friend.  Here is the finished product.
So I hope you all have had some time to get some crafting in the passed few days as well.  Stay warm and keep scrapping!!!  Here is a rough draft of the dimensions of this card:

  • Card base is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" (I used Colonial White from CTMH for this project)
  • The stamped image is from a retired stamp set from CTMH called "A Sip" (I love when I have a versatile stamp set like this on hand.  Great for a Get Well card or to create a gift card holder for a treat from a much loved coffee shop.)
  • The Frosted Gray panel that is directly on the base measures at 4"x5 1/4"
  • The patterned paper panel (looks like a diamond or lattice pattern) measures at 3 3/4"x5"
  • The next panel that is Frosted Gray is 2 1/2"x5"
  • The Snowflake patterned panel is 2 1/4"x5"
  • The Frosted Gray Oval and the Colonial White Oval  were both cut using the Cricut cartridge Art Philosophy exclusive to Close To My Heart.  The Gray lacey ones measure at 2 1/4" and the Colonial White at 1 3/4"
  • The small rectangle with "You Warm My Heart" stamped on it is 3/4"x1 1/2"



~Danielle



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews