Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Feeling Renewed!

Hello, everyone, and let me preface by apologizing that I have not posted in awhile.  I have been working on some changes (all good) some subtle and some more intense...LOL.  So now that all that is done, welcome to my most recent post.

I have been super busy (and that's the way I like it!) between teaching full time, taking care of my little peeps at home, and sharing my love for scrapbooking with some pretty great people!  I have had the opportunity to help out some "community helpers" by helping organize some local crops this year.  I am truly blessed to be given these opportunities.  For example, I was able to bring some scrappers together to benefit the "Stop, Drop, and Crop" event at the Hamilton Safety Center.  What a great day with awesome ladies!  Harmony Hall was a wonderful venue and I thank them for giving me the chance to help! As a "make and take" I used Close To My Heart's "For Always" to show the girls how to create a beautiful page.  To embellish, we added some paper flowers that I cut from the Cricut using our Artiste cartridge and we rolled using the Quilling Tool.  Here is how they came out



Here are some other layouts I made using the same paper






I am beginning to plan the make and takes for the next upcoming crop which is scheduled to be on Saturday, April 20th from 8a-7p at Loudoun Valley Community Center.  I have to give a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) " thank you" to my team for all their help and support with these events.  I couldn't do it without you ladies!!!  Thank you, Chrissy, for getting out the word, sharing your creations, and always being willing to help any way you can!  You always go above and beyond and you are appreciated! Ursula, for always making me laugh, asking for local help and support, gathering your scrapping peeps to join us, and giving tons of ideas!  Emily, for always being up to scrap, coming to our events, and looking at all our scrappy mess ups in a positive light!  Michelle, thank you for joining us whenever you can and always picking up where we left off when we get together!!!  That's what it is ALL about!  We have lots of surprises in store for all at our Cropical Paradise in April!!!!  If croppers register by March 20th they get the early bird special and get in for $25.....AWESOME!!!!  After March 20th, registration goes up to $35 per person...but I guarantee you will think it is well worth it!  All early registrants get extra tickets to put towards door prizes (one of which is a brand new Polaroid 300 camera with 2 boxes of film!)...so excited!!!

Next up, I am also currently in talks with another countywide organization in the hopes I can bring the art of scrapbooking to the younger peeps of the community.  More on that after my final meeting with them on the 29th!  Fingers and toes crossed!

Ok, so stay posted for more information coming your way about all the upcoming classes and events for the Spring.

Keep crafting!
~Danielle








  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews