Yesterday I began my first of six (6) one hour scrapbook classes for my girls’ elementary school’s After School Activities program. Let me preface by saying “what a great group of girls”! It is so easy to want to go above and beyond-especially since there is so much to learn. I decided to go a different route this time. Instead of taking on a big group of kids, stressing out over the prep, struggling to complete the planned project in the one hour window, and charging parents a boat load of money, here is it what I did:
- Offered the class to a small group of girls in 2nd and 3rd grade
- Designed a project using 6”x6” papers instead of the big 12”x12” (which can become overwhelming to young ones just starting out)
- Designed a project using some fun yet easy techniques that will add something special to their work
- Focus is on journaling and “telling” the story behind the pictures
- Offered the opportunity for the girls to open up and talk about their experiences and share ideas with the other girls.
We had a SUPER class yesterday! Our completed project will be a 6”x6” Display Album. Here is the cover that we worked on……
The back cover had B&T Duo from CTMH “Sophia” bulk paper pack and a piece of 5”x1 1/2” white daisy cardstock where the girls each stamped their name using the “Bohemian Alphabet” stamp set from CTMH. Cannot wait for next week to begin our inside pages!