Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Elegance Made Simple

One thing I love about what I do as a Close To My Heart consultant is the network of people I am blessed to interact with on a daily basis.  Other CTMH consultants, consultants from other paper craft companies, crafters who just love what they do.....just a plethora of inspiration.  This morning I sat down to combine ideas from various contacts and came up with a simple card that I just adore it's sense of elegance.
I used two colors (Saddle Exclusive Inks by CTMH and Cocoa cardstock, also from CTMH) in addition to the card base which was Colonial White.  OK, so how did I do this?  Well this is what you do:

Take your 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card base and pressure emboss it using  a Sissix embossing folder.  I used my Sissix Texture Boutique

Then roll a rubber brayer in ink color of your choice ( you might not want to use a pigment ink with this project).   Now here is the fun part.  You can either roll the brayer over the inside of your embossing folder OR directly over the raised portion of the embossed card.  Be gentle and be sure to clean your folder with a baby wipe when you are done.

Then embellish...done!!!!!  See?  Told you it was easy.....I would like to make note that I got this idea from Sharon Cline who is an awesome Stampin' Up rep I know from my area and who taught us this technique at a crop we were at in February.  I couldn't wait to try it !!!!

OK, now you try it and have fun!

~Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews