Monday, October 10, 2011

Give Scrapbooking a Chance

I don't think I have to tell you all who follow me how much I enjoy scrapbooking and other paper crafts. I have so many people who tell me that they just cannot do it. The reasons they give me are as follows:

I am way too busy and have no time for that stuff.
I keep all my photos on the computer.
I am so not creative.
I always wanted to but have so much stuff and get overwhelmed at the thought of starting.

Hearing those reasons don't bother me so much because I used to feel the same way before I got started. But, when people start assuming I have no life because I scrapbook, I start to feel sad. BUT NO MORE!!!!! My job is to show people how wonderful this craft really is, how simple it could be, steps that can be taken to begin, and to teach why it is important to get some of those photos off the computer and into a scrapbook where they can be a part of your very own autobiography.

Scrapbooking can also be beneficial in these ways:

It is extremely therapeutic and can provide distraction from everyday stresses.
It can be a way to preserve family heritage (not only photos but recipes, handwritten notes, and other items).
You can be a part of a community by sharing the craft with others who love it too.

To help all of those who would like to dabble in this craft, I will be hosting a scrapbook 101 class. This class is perfect for all of those who have either scrapbooked before and haven't in awhile and need to be re-energized or for those who have always wanted to and never knew where to start. The cost is $10 a person and you will receive everything you need to complete a two (2) page layout. I will help show you how fun and easy it really is. Feel free to bring a friend or two. Those who do get a FREE gift. Light snacks and drinks will be served. Here is the info:

Date: Friday, October 21st
Time: 7:00p.m.
Place: My house

Please let me know by October 14th if you would like to join us! And remember...I am a teacher, mommy of three, wife, business owner...If I can do it so can you. Let me show you how, let's create together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews