Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Creating With Scraps

One of the many things I love about Close To My Heart’s paper packs is how much beautiful paper you get!  You can create so many awesome 12x12 pages and have paper left over.  One thing I get asked a lot by customers is “what do you do with all your scraps?'”. 

There are so many things you can do with those scraps.  You can make gift tags, bookmarks, turn them into paper flowers and other embellishments, or you can make handmade greeting cards.

Making a card yourself is a way to show someone you truly care.  The fact that you took the time to create that card is so special to the recipient.  Now, I always have those few people say “But I am so not creative or artistic”.  Well good news!  You do not have to be.  There aren’t any rules to making cards OR to scrapbooking, for that matter.  You do not need to spend thousands of dollars on classes, or have years of experience.  All you need is some small scraps of patterned paper/cardstock and some confidence.  I am here to show you how.  Take a look here:

215

This is what I used:  Some colonial white cardstock, scrap pieces of patterned paper from CTMH’S “Wings” paper pack, scallop punch, button, waxy flax, and a few small embellishments.

211

Now sometimes I have a hard time coming up with a design idea for my cards and that is where “Wishes” comes in.  “Wishes” is the CTMH card confidence program..a great reference book for any paper crafter!  My card’s design is “Sentiment Secured”.  If you have your CTMH 2011 Spring/Summer Idea Book, you can find “Wishes” on page 4 (9033).  If you don’t have a catalog and would like one, contact me at valentino.danielle@yahoo.com

This month I will be hosting a Cardmaking 101 class.  I will show you how to use a few things in addition to some scraps to create the most beautiful cards.  Stay tuned for schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews