Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Simple & Elegant Design Using “Wings”

I am having so much fun using one of CTMH’s newer papers, “Wings”.  It can be used for something as simple as everyday scrap pages or for an elegant card to give to someone special.  To boot, the January stamp of the month, “Find Your Style”, adds beauty to any project. 

Pictured here is a card I created from a piece of cardstock (color=sweet leaf) that I cut and scored to make a 5 1/2” x 4 1/4” card.  Using the Texture Boutique by Sizzix, I embossed the cover and then added a 4 1/4” x 1” strip of B&T Duo (butterfly pattern) 1 1/2” from the bottom.  From the January stamp of the month, “Find Your Style”, I stamped the butterfly image twice and cut both images out using a micro tip scissor.  I added some opaque adhesives to the butterfly’s body and adhered the 2 images together.  After fixing the image onto the card cover, I carefully folded the top image a bit to make it look as if the butterfly was popping off the card.This card was so much fun to make and real simple to do.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle
    I found your blog on seededbuzz I love your blog. I just wanted to let you know. You have a new follower. I just love all of your embossing. I just recently got into that myself. I'm always looking at new way to do it and new things to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle, for your kind words. I am glad you are enjoying my blog and I love doing this stuff and sharing is the best part. I hope I can give you some fun ideas. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews