Thursday, December 30, 2010

Masking Makes Stamping Fun

Hi, everyone. So I got completely overwhelmed on Tuesday. I received my shipment of the new Spring/Summer Idea Books from Close To My Heart. I have no words. I am speechless! CTMH hit the nail on the head with this one. The new paper packs are amazing. There isn't one I don't like. They also unveiled some awesome new stamp sets and other fantabulous product. I almost feel compelled to order everything in the book and isolate myself in my craft nook for the next few months...:).

I will share some fun stuff a little at a time with you all and stay tuned to hear about my launch open house coming up in January. In the meantime, I wanted to share another quick tip with you. Using the same "Wings" page. I added a tag at the bottom right corner with a fun little saying about friends from the January Stamp of the Month, "Find Your Style".



I used a masking technique with this project. (CTMH's My Acrylix stamp sets make this technique super easy to do). Here is what you do:
  • Find the saying/image you would like to stamp and stamp it on a scrap piece of cardstock. Then take your micro-tip scissors and trim around your saying/image. This will then be your mask.
  • Now take the piece of cardstock you will be using for your page/card. Place the mask down on it and stamp your background image right over it.
  • Take the mask off and you will see a blank spot to stamp your saying/image.
Having the My Acrylix stamps make this so easy as you can see exactly where you are placing your image. You can't get it wrong.



In lieu of enjoying my background stamps, I'd like to take this time to announce that CTMH has added some NEW background stamp sets in their Spring/Summer Idea book. Universal Backgrounds and Two-Step Backgrounds are sure to be an addition to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews