Saturday, July 9, 2011

Got Scraps? Will Travel!

So far, the summer has been treating us well.  Once the girls got out of school for the year, we wasted no time and headed down to Myrtle Beach, SC for our “beach week”.  On our way back up north we stopped off at Williamsburg, VA and enjoyed a day at Busch Gardens.  One of our favorite places to be.

Myrtle 2011 003 

Myrtle 2011 014

One thing I noticed is that  there were so many little things that I wanted to journal and scrap (like funny things the kids said, or menus and drink coasters from fun restaurants).  So I thought it would be fun to create a travel journal/mini scrapbook.  Something that would pop right in my beach bag or purse so I could just stick stuff in quickly and jot little notes down.  At the end of the summer, the kids could flip through the book and remember their summer adventures.  So here is what I made for our summer travel journal:

Wings Journal 003

I started off with a Close To My Heart My Creations Journal (page 120 of the Spring/Summer 2011 catalog).  With some paper from a Level 2 Wings paper pack and stickease, I covered the front and back pages (inside included).  I added some paper flowers (made by using a 1 1/4” punch and brads), playful ribbon, and some cool talismans to dress it up.  I even added a curio knob to be used to open the book when those are entering the world of our treasured memories. 

Wings Journal 015

Wings Journal 007

Wings Journal 011 

If you would like to make your own summer travel journal/mini scrapbook, join us on Wednesday, July 20th at 7:00pm.  For $15 per person, you can take your very own journal, like the one above, home to enjoy!  To RSVP, send me an email valentino.danielle@yahoo.com or comment to this post on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews